Fresh apple cider, sweet maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, lemon, a generous shot of bourbon, and a splash of hard (Honeycrisp) apple cider. This haunted concoction is sweet, spiced, and so warming. Therefore it’s the perfect cocktail to cozy up to on a haunted night this Hallows Eve.
- cinnamon sugar, for rim (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1-2 teaspoons real maple syrup more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 ounces sparkling hard Honeycrisp apple cider
- cinnamon sticks, rosemary, and apple slices, for serving
1. Rim a cocktail glass with cinnamon sugar. Fill with ice. 2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, cider, lemon juice, maple syrup, ginger, and cinnamon, shake to combine. Strain into the prepared glass. Top with hard cider. Serve with cinnamon sticks, rosemary, and apple slices, if desired.