The coastal city of Batroun, North Lebanon, is what dreams are made of. Not only does this enchanting jewel boast layers of history, it is also home to some of the best beaches and wineries in the country. In fact, our love for Batroun is so strong that we decided to open a third branch of The Malt Gallery there last summer!
If you’re planning to visit us this season, make sure you visit these landmarks for an authentic experience:
- Phoenician Wall – the ancient sea wall, which measures a staggering 225 meters in length, was originally a natural structure that was reinforced with rocks by the Phoenicians.
- Cathedral of St. Stephan (Mar Stefan) – admire the beauty of the magnificent Mar Stefan Maronite Cathedral, which sits at the heart of the old port and is believed to have been built on a small Crusader church.
- George Church (Mar Gerges) – an impressive dome characterizes this unique 13th century Greek Orthodox Church.
- Our Lady of the Sea (Saydet el Baher) – overlooking Batroun’s sea wall, the whitewashed chapel of the Lady of the Sea is a sight to behold. It was built on the ruins of a Byzantine church in the 19th century.
- Old Port – as with all coastal cities in Lebanon, Batroun has a charming port full of fishing boats. You’ll often see fishermen returning to shore with delights that you can enjoy at one of Batroun’s countless seafood restaurants.
- Old Souks – last but not least, the old souks will mesmerize you. Stroll along the cobbled streets, meet the locals and then come over to The Malt Gallery.
What’ special about The Malt Gallery in Batroun?
Nestled in one of traditional lanes of the old souk of Batroun, The Malt Gallery is an ideal place to soak up the lively atmosphere of this seaside destination. Visitors can purchase a bottle of their favorite spirit from our well-stocked shelves and unwind on our outdoor terrace. For those seeking something a little more authentic, we even have a special lemonade cocktail inspired by Batroun. Private gatherings can also be booked, so make it a season to remember with us!
For more information on our Batroun branch, contact 81 144 697.