If you like gin and really want to taste the booze in your brunch cocktail, this one’s for you!
This Red Snapper recipe hews closely to the original, with gin and tomato juice leading the way. Fresh lemon juice brings balance, while additional flavor arrives via celery salt, black pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 PINCHES BLACK PEPPER, FRESHLY GROUND
- 2 PINCHES CELERY SALT
- 1 LIME WEDGE
- 2 OUNCES NIKKA COFFEY GIN
- 4 OUNCES TOMATO JUICE
- 1/2 OUNCE LEMON JUICE, FRESHLY SQUEEZED
- 6 DASHES TABASCO SAUCE
- 4 DASHES WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
Pour the pepper and celery salt onto a small plate.
Rub the juicy side of a lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass, then rim the glass with the salt and pepper mixture, and fill the glass with ice.
Add the gin, tomato juice, lemon juice, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce into a shaker with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass, and garnish with a celery stalk and lime wedge.